Saturday, July 19, 2008

July 28 Meeting

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all enjoying a summer of great reading, among other things. I'd be interested to hear what you're all reading in addition to our book! I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl" - in my opinion: a PERFECT summer read! If you enjoyed our book "The Queen's Fool" you'll definitely enjoy the other books in the series: romance, intrigue, historical detail, human foibles - I pretty much could not put it down.

I also wanted to let you know that I won't be at our July 28 meeting, but Sharon has graciously agreed to deliver the new books and collect the old ones. If for some reason you can't make it to the meeting, please leave your book in the church office for me (I have a box there.)

I chose a book for July that I thought would be enjoyable........a mystery with a psychological edge and a splash of romance, according to the review and not too long to allow for all that other summer reading that everyone wants to fit in. Have a great month and I'll see you in church or at our August meeting on August 25.

Joan

"I have sometimes dreamt, at least, that when the Day of Judgment dawns and the great conquerors and lawyers and statesmen come to receive their rewards ... the Almighty will turn to Peter and say, not without a certain envy when He sees us coming with our books under our arms, “Look, these need no reward. We have nothing to give them here. They have loved reading.”
Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)

No comments: