Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy summer everyone! I didn't read the book this month, but I did want to tell you all about a fantastic Barbara Kingsolver book that I just finished. It is call Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. It is an account of her family's journey of eating locally for 1 year. They grew much of what they ate and relied on local farmers for the rest. I read it in a week and thoroughly enjoyed it! Let me know if you want it and I will bring it to book group. Now, I am going to try to read a few chapters of this book before book group!
Shari

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi all,

I have that Barbara Kingsolver book on my summer shelf as well! I'm glad to hear you liked it. Shari, I hope that you and Janelle get a chance to read our book for this month (it's a quick read). I wanted to know if any of the teachers in the group thought of "Dear Mr. Henshaw" by Beverly Cleary as they were reading it. I have enjoyed reading Mr. Henshaw with several groups of kids over the years and enjoyed the letter/diary writing format of both books.

Joan